Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 16, 2017

Walt Disney World Trip Report Day 8: Friday, October 13, 2017


Our original plans for this day started out to be Epcot and then park hop.  Our plans slightly changed.  We had reservations at Akershus at 8:30 so we arrived before rope drop.  It’s a long hike to Norway from the entrance first thing in the morning, but we made it.  We waited a few minutes to check in, but not too long.  Then, Sarah again got to meet her favorite princess.  Belle was signing autographs and getting pictures.  This one photo session would’ve made the memory maker completely worth it on its on. We got some of the best pictures of my baby and Belle.

 

After Belle, we were sat down and could see princesses around us.  Sarah said Ariel needed to come see her.  The first princess we met was Cinderella.  She was super nice and much more outgoing than the Cinderella we’d met at Magic Kingdom.  After Cinderella came Snow White.  This was our least favorite princess of the meal.  Since I already had Ariel and Cinderella’s autograph in Sarah’s book, we only needed Snow White and Aurora.  I’d marked them both in the book but didn’t know which would come first.  Snow White came up to the table and just picked up the book.  I started to help her know where her page was to sign and she quickly let me know she had it.  She felt very rushed and to me, her niceness seemed very fake.

 

Next was Aurora.  Now, I’m not sure if I’ve ever watched Sleeping Beauty but I knew who she was.  She was awesome.  She took time with the kids and really interacted well with them.  I was very impressed with Aurora.

 

Last was Ariel.  She, too, was great.  She was very interactive with the kids, talking about our “gray” school of fish since we were wearing gray shirts. 
 

Breakfast at Akershus was delicious.  I’d most most definitely prefer to come back here than to return to Hollywood & Vine.

After breakfast, our plans had been to meet Anna and Elsa next door, but the line was quite a bit of a wait.  We had fast passes for later in the morning for Frozen so we took this time to let Dakota go back to ride Test Track.  He and Jon went first and used the rider swap from earlier in the week.  Once they were through, Dakota and I rode through the single rider line.  We ended up in the same car, just different rows, which was perfect.  I can’t really tell if I like this newer version better than the older one.  I’m not sure it’s enough different to tell.

 

After Test Track, we had enough time to do Mission Space – we thought.  The app said the line was 15 minutes.  I decided to try orange with Dakota.  He and I got in the line and grabbed a rider switch.  Right after we got in line, the wait time changed to 25 minutes.  Ok – frustrating, but we can do that.  Then, once we finally got on the ride, apparently someone had gotten sick in another car and that had to be cleaned up.  So we sat, buckled in, and waited…and waited…and waited.  We had a nice couple in the car with us to talk to but I was getting stressed over that Frozen fastpass.  The ride finally got going and I survived without passing out or throwing up and we got off. I told the guys they’d have to do the rider switch later. I had to make a quick restroom stop and then we headed straight for Frozen – just in time to be told it was shut down.  Sure, they granted us FPP for later in the day, but we weren’t going to be there much longer.  Jon wanted to go back to Japan so Sarah and I sat on a bench while he went back to his favorite store.  Afterwards, we caught the boat from Germany back to Mexico.  Frozen still wasn’t reopened so we headed back to Future World.  I found a seat outside Mouse Gears while the guys went to use the Rider Swap pass from Mission: Space.  Sarah and I shopped a little in Mouse Gears and then we headed out of the park, back to the resort to rest for a couple of hours.

We didn’t have long to rest because we had dinner reservations at ‘Ohana at 5:20pm.  We again decided to drive to dinner.  The Polynesian is beautiful.  We headed to check-in and met an awesome cast member named Jordan who talked to us both in line and again while we were waiting.  We were finally called to our table and had a window table with a beautiful view of Cinderella’s castle.  We’d eaten at ‘Ohana several years ago and I didn’t remember it being this good.  It was delicious.  We ate until we were full and then they brought the bread pudding out – wow, that was wonderful.  We were completely stuffed, but Dakota had one final request – he wanted another Dole Whip before we left.  So we ventured down to the Pineapple stand and purchased him one last Dole Whip.

 

We then sadly headed back towards the resort.  We were planning to leave bright and early the next morning.  I was so sad to leave Disney and begged Jon to not wait 5 years to bring us back!

No comments:

Post a Comment