Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 16, 2017

Walt Disney World Trip Report Day 7: Thursday, October 12, 2017


This was another morning that Magic Kingdom had changed opening times to 8am.  I’d changed my touring plans around a bit.  We got there at about rope drop and stopped for some pictures on Main Street.  We headed straight for Buzz Lightyear Spaceranger Spin and rode it quickly.  When we got off, we decided to head to breakfast a little early.  We had reservations at 9am for Be Our Guest.  Breakfast was preordered so we didn’t have to wait in the order line.  The restaurant is beautiful and the food was delicious.  




Once we were done with breakfast, we headed to find the line for Gaston.  We were about 30-45 minutes early so we had a seat just inside the line entrance.  In about 15 minutes or so, we decided to move up to the front of the line. Jon and Dakota decided to quickly run over to grab a LeFou’s Brew. Soon after, others joined behind us.  We were the first ones to meet Gaston that day.  Dakota challenged him to an arm wrestling match.  Dakota says he “practically” beat Gaston because Gaston cheated by not counting down.  Sarah wouldn’t say much to him, but realized after we’d left that she forgot to tell him his was a “poopyhead.”  I would’ve loved to see his reaction to that.
 
We had a few minutes after meeting Gaston until our Fast Pass for Enchanted Tales with Belle.  We used the restroom and then just hang out around the stroller parking for Enchanted Tales until it was time for our Fast Pass.  Dakota wasn’t going to participate but decided to once we got inside.  It was a really cute show and gave the kids a chance to meet Belle.  Sarah actually went up to her on her own! We’re making progress here!



After Enchanted Tales with Belle, we had a little bit of time until our next Fast Pass, which was to meet Ariel at her grotto.   We took the long way around to check the times for Dumbo and it was a doable wait so we got in line.  Sarah got so excited to ride Dumbo.  She loved it!

After Dumbo, we started making our way to Ariel’s area but Dakota had to make a pit stop for the rest room.  After our quick stop, we went to “Under the Sea” and since the wait wasn’t too long, hopped on that ride.  I was actually a little surprised at how cute this ride was.   It was adorable!

Next, it was time to meet Ariel. I took Sarah up and sat her down next to Ariel and she sat there so good.  We were definitely making progress on the characters.  Ariel was the best princess we’d met yet. 
 

Next, we headed for Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.  I was not prepared for how cute this show was, either.  I actually wouldn’t have minded seeing it again.  We’d never done this attraction before, so it was something new for all of us. Sarah fell asleep during the show, but the rest of us really enjoyed it.

With little bitty asleep, and a fast pass in tow, we headed to Space Mountain.  Jon and Dakota rode first while Sarah slept and I waited.  Afterwards, I used the Rider Swap and Dakota and I rode.  I like Space Mountain.  It’s not my favorite, but it’s a cool ride.  Dakota enjoys all coasters, so of course he liked it.

 

It was about time for the parade, but Sarah was still asleep.  We gave up on the parade and instead took a brief few minutes to grab a few pretzels from the Lunching Pad.  They were very good and a great mid-day snack to keep us satisfied until supper.  I saw somewhere that the parade might be at 3 (bad information) and Jon wanted to find the barber shop so we headed back to main street for a bit.  After some shopping, a starbucks stop, and some sitting down waiting on nothing, we decided to continue.

At this point, we pretty much completely broke off our plan. I’d been able to score a fastpass for It’s a Small World and I saw that Mad Tea Party had a short wait and the kids wanted to do it.  So we headed to Mad Tea Party and I rode with both kids.  One thing I’m discovering is as I’m getting older, I don’t do quite as well with spinning.  I had to close my eyes a few times on the teacups. The kids enjoyed it, though.

We decided to do It’s a Small World again because Sarah just loved it so much the first time.  She loved it just as much the second time as she did the first.  I love seeing her get so excited and I’m glad we had the opportunity to let her do it one more time.

After It’s a Small World, it was time for dinner.  We had scored the ultimate dinner reservation – Be Our Guest.  I know – twice in one day.  It wasn’t intentionally planned that way, but it was fine.  Reservations were a little harder to come by with the Halloween Party going on.  We loved the steak and Dakota was excited that the kids fish option was shrimp.   I told them that someone at our table was trying the grey stuff.  I mean, it’s delicious. Don’t believe me? Ask the dishes. They can sing. They can dance, after all this is France… Wait, I digress.  The grey stuff was very good, but my strawberry cupcake was delicious also.  After dinner, we walked around the castle for a bit before getting Sarah back into her Belle dress and going to meet the one person she’d been saying she wanted to meet at Disney.

For months, both of my kids would say “The Beast” is who they wanted to me.  We had that opportunity after dinner.  My mom still can’t understand why Sarah was so scared of the other characters but not of the Beast.  She just loves the Beast.

 

After dinner, it was getting closer to the time of the Halloween party so we started towards the exit and to the bus.  We went back to the resort and took the kids to the kiddie pool for a while.

One more day to go…I’m not ready to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment