Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 16, 2017

Walt Disney World Trip Report Day 3: Sunday, October 8, 2017


We had reservations at 8:30am at Tusker House on Sunday morning so we were up early again.  We drove to Animal Kingdom and were a bit surprised at how close it was to the resort.  I thought we were early, but since it was already 7:55am when we got to the front gate, they let us go in.  My kids were SO excited to be at Animal Kingdom.  We had to stop numerous times to let them see the animals on the way to breakfast.  We let Sarah walk (instead of riding in the stroller) and they were having a blast.  We came around a corner and saw a cast member.  She was so impressed by how excited the kids were.  She stopped us and asked what we had fast passes for that day.  We told her and she wrote us a paper fastpass for Dinosaur at any point during the day.  It was so nice to get a little Disney Magic.


Breakfast was great, as usual.  We saw Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Mickey.  Sarah was still a little scared of the characters, but you would tell she was starting to warm up a bit.  We ended up getting out of Tusker House quicker than we’d planned and it was just slightly after rope drop.  We’d planned to be out around 10am and had a fast pass for Kilimanjaro Safari.  We walked over after breakfast and the line was really short so we went ahead and rode early.  The safari was excellent.  We saw so many animals and they were very active this morning.  Once we got off, we decided to go ahead and do Gorilla Falls Trail.  It was nice, but almost too hot to fully enjoy it. 


From there, we headed to Festival of the Lion King.  Once we found the entrance, I started to accidentally enter the handicap line.  I guess the cast member saw that I was walking with a cane (due to arthritis) and allowed us to continue on through that line. There ended up being plenty of handicap seating, so it wasn’t a big deal, but it did allow us to get great seats. 

Let me just say – Festival of the Lion King has always been and will continue to be my absolute favorite show in all of Disney.  There is just something about that show that almost brings me to tears.  It was beautiful and the kids were mesmerized.
 

Once the show was over, we decided not to do the train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch.  It was so terribly hot and such a long walk once there, we decided to forgo that chance. We stopped for a quick Mickey ice cream and then decided to go ahead and visit the Tree of Life.  We stumbled up on Flik and stopped for some pictures and autographs.  We then went in to see It’s Tough to Be A Bug.  I think the kids were a little nervous – I stand up when its time for the “bugs to leave” and lean up when its time for the bees to sting.  I know – I missed part of the fun.  But since I already knew what was going to happen, I prepared myself.
 
 

After the Tree of Life, it was time.  Time for the one fast pass that is hardest to get at Disney and I’d somehow managed to score it.  We had a 1:05pm FPP for Flight of Passage.  We headed over to that section and utilized rider swap so both Jon and I could ride.  Jon sat with Sarah while I rode first with Dakota.  We didn’t have to wait terribly long in the FPP line, like I’d been afraid of.  It was just a short wait and we were on.

Let me back track for a minute.  I’d almost decided not to even try this ride unless I could get an easy FPP because of the crowds.  Two different people came back from Disney telling me how awesome this ride was and I decided to try to get a FPP for it.  It was available first thing that morning, but I was able to score one later in the day.  Let me tell you…this ride is out of this world.  I actually had to remind myself a time or two that it was a simulator.  It was absolutely wonderful.  I understand why people stand in line for hours to ride this ride.  Awesome!
 

After Pandora, we headed to Flame Tree BBQ for lunch.  It’d say it was OK compared to some of the other meals we had.  Pretty good, but not excellent.  After lunch, it was getting close to time for us to ride Expedition Everest.  Dakota and I rode it using Rider Swap and then he rode with his Dad.  The going backwards kind of scared Dakota.  I’d forgotten how wild that ride was.  In my mind, it was milder than it actually is. 

 

Once we were done with Everest, we were going to do the Nemo show but decided to skip it.  We ended up heading to Dinoland.  The boys went to ride Dinosaur while I took Sarah on TriceraTop Spin.  Dinosaur is one of my least favorite rides in all of Disney, so no need for rider swap on this one.  Once we finished, Jon was ready to go back to the room.  Dakota was begging for one more ride and I saw Primeval Whirl had a pretty short wait time so he and I hopped in that line.  That ride is so rough. It’s definitely not my favorite, but it made little man happy.
 

After Primeval Whirl, we headed back to the room for the night to have dinner at the resort and try to get settled before too late since we had another early morning on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment