Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, December 15, 2013

On Time

We had an absolutely wonderful church service this morning.  There was so much encouragement and such a good, peaceful feeling there. A good friend of ours started a song and probably about 1/2 through it, I started realizing just how appropriate the words of that song were:
You can't hurry God.  You'll just have to wait. 
Trust in Him.  Call on Him.  No matter how long it takes.
He's a God that you can't hurry.  He'll be there so don't you worry.
He may not come when you call him but He'll come on time.

After this song, Dad started talking to the church and really focused on Galatians 6:9:
Be not weary in well doing: for in due season, we shall reap if we faint not.

Dad started talking about how this relates to prayer.  He talked about how we shouldn't get discouraged if our prayers aren't being answered right away but instead remember that our prayers ARE reaching the Throne! The service was such a good reminder that regardless of our prayers and needs, God hears each one.  He even hears the ones that feel like they are leaving our mouth and hitting the floor in front of us.

Last night was our Christmas play at church.  I get so stressed before the play each year and each year it turns out fine.  After being so stressed and worried, the play was finally over.  Everyone (for the most part) did their parts and the hard work payed off.  But my prize came after the play.

If you've read many of my blog posts, you've seen that I have struggled at times with people making comments that hurt me related to our adoption.  As much as I'd like to not care what people think, I sometimes do.  It helps when you have encouragement instead of discouragement.  My mom tries to tell me to focus on the good things that happen and not those that make negative comments. The more good things that happen, the easier it becomes to focus on those.

After the play was over, I was sitting in the kitchen holding my friend's baby that she is hoping to soon adopt.  A sister from our church came up to me.  Her words went something like this: "I've really had y'all on my mind lately.  I've been trying to pray for you and have felt God.  I really feel like it could be any day that you get a call to go get a baby." I almost cried.  It helped me SO much to know that this dear sister cared enough about us to pray for us and was happy and excited for us!

I don't know when we'll get the call - it could be 3 months, it could be 6 months, it could be another year.  But regardless of when, I know God hears our prayers.  He hears each one of them. He knows our hearts, our desires, and our needs before we even pray.  As the song says, "He may not come when you call Him but He'll come on time!"

I have one request before I go today.  The closer we get to our baby, the more I realize that his or her birth mother could be expecting NOW.  She chose / is choosing to give this child life and to do what she feels is best for this child. If you believe in the power of prayer, please help us pray for our baby's birth mother/birth parents.  This has to be a difficult time for her/them.   Please help us pray that she (and he if involved) makes wise choices for herself and the baby and that she finds peace and contentment in her decision.

Still waiting, hoping & praying.....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sis Holly...just had to jump in here and say something...I didn't know until I came to your blog that you were patiently waiting for a child to adopt. I just want you to know that I am so touched and happy and proud of you and your husband for deciding to give a child a home! What a blessing you are! Don't you worry about what others think, or say, or don't say. It's ok. If you've never experienced the emptiness in your heart that only a child can fill, then it is hard to comprehend...Michael and Crystal knew that feeling only too well. And although we had a grandchild from Erica and Todd, Tony and I felt that emptiness in our heart in the space that was for Michael and Crystals children. I couldn't tell you the nights I cried myself to sleep thinking we would never know what it would be like to be grandparents to our son's children...But we didn't know that far, far away..the Lord was listening to a poor Marshallese woman pray, asking Him to send a good, loving, Christian family to her for her baby...and little did they (Slick and Crystal) know that a fleeting interest in a website would result in a flight to Hawaii to get their firstborn, just a few weeks later. I went over with them, and let me tell you, it was love at first sight! It didn't matter one bit that he was not of our nationality or that we didn't share the same blood. All I can say is, here laid my precious grandson, on a pillow, and I loved him. A few years later, along came Caden, then Resiana and Crimsyn. Each one has a different story. Each one is a blessing, a testimony. Each one sent to our family from God. How can/could anyone find fault in His work? I've had comments...but I just tell myself, "if they only knew"...These children have filled our hearts full...they are a joy and a blessing to our family. Tony and I take as much pride in these kids being our grandchildren as Michael and Crystal have in them being their children. Tony and I have talked about it many, many times. We don't know if we could love these kids any more than we do now and we are so honored that the Lord included us in His plan to bring these children to know of Holiness. I could go on and on about how good this is...but i'll stop now...Just know you have us on your side!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the response, Sis. Joyce. I followed Sis. Crystal's blog when they were adopting Resiana. Even long before we decided to begin this journey, I was always fascinated by their story.

      Delete