Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 28, 2013

My Miracle Song...

Sometimes, I believe a song can speak to you like people can't.  I saw that first hand a few months ago and would like to share.

For starters, back in late summer/early fall, someone made a comment to me about the adoption.  To them, I'm sure it was mostly a fleeting thought and they spoke their bit and went on their way.  That day and for many days and even months afterwards, those statements haunted me.  They actually kind of crushed me.  I dealt with them day in and out.  How dare this person say something to me that affected my whole world like that? I dealt with emotions related to that for a while. 

Earlier this year, we went to a concert where the Mike Bowling family performed.  I ended up buying a couple of CD's.  At first, this particular song didn't stand out to me.  However, later on, I started to actually listen to the words and, in my mind this song almost became my adoption anthem.  Listening to the words of this song helped me understand that I don’t have understand everything, but I do believe this is the path that God has chosen for our family and I am ok with that – actually, I have even become happy about that.  This song now has a special place in my heart.

A Miracle Today as sung by The Mike Bowling Family
You see the puzzle not the piece.  
You see the forest not the trees.
You know what's best for me.
Lord, you have bottled up my tears.
You see my questions and my fears
And the way it has to be.
I know that there are others more deserving than I.
I know that I'm not worthy but you listen when I cry.
So if this cross is mine to bear, I'll praise you anyway.
Lord, I could sure use a miracle today.

Lord, you are faithful more than words.
You feed the lilies & the birds
You catch the sparrow when it falls.
You know exactly where I am
So I'm not questioning your plan
There's a reason for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment